Get to Know A Lovely Day: Meet Emma!
My name is Emma, one of the co-founders here at ALD! I am so excited to share a little about myself today since, you should always know your wedding planner just like you know a close friend :)
1. I really, really, really love people. I love my family, I love my friends and I love spending time with others. I am the type of person who is recharged via contact and positive interactions and I value relationships in my life so much.
2. Speaking of people and family, I married my high school sweetheart in August 2013 and it was the best decision of my life. Tony is my constant supporter and disaster solver. He helps me fix all of my problems and loves me through my crazy moments. I love him and our two cats (Kitty, aka Stormbringer and Horace) and our life together.
3. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I get absolutely giddy thinking about it. I love making cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes and eating every other food that other people make for me. I love talking about Thanksgiving, I love quoting the Gilmore Girls episode about Thanksgiving... I just, love Thanksgiving.
4. I have an unhealthy obsession with all things Disney. I really love visiting Disney World and Disney Land, I love watching Disney movies and of course singing the songs that accompany them. I really admire Walt Disney's drive and dream to build a world that is happy and carefree. I know I totally fall into the "CONSUME EVERYTHING DISNEY" bubble...but it is who I am!
5. Instagram is my favorite. I really love posting pictures and seeing the things that others post. I have found myself lost for hours looking at someone's profile, leading me to another person's profile and seeing the beauty that is contained in the world through other people's eyes.
6. I love Lansing! I enjoy living in Michigan's capitol city and love to support local business. We have so many great restaurants, shops, museums and things to do but it never feels so big that you are lonely or lost. Everyone has that mid-western friendly disposition. I really just love it.
7. I absolutely love to travel. It is so important to me to explore and see places I have never seen before. I think one of the greatest things about our world is diversity, every country is different and offers different insight to the human experience. This past summer, I went to Scotland and I was absolutely enthralled with the beauty of the Highlands.
8. Parks and Recreation is my favorite show. This is actually really hard to say because I have so many 'favorites' but there is something amazing about the combination of comedy, camaraderie, and general interpretation of life that I cannot shake. I could probably solely watch this every day for forever and be happy (Please don't tell Gilmore Girls I said this)
9. I love to craft! For me, crafting is a great stress reliever. I often make homemade presents for others as well as creating things for myself and my home. In the past, I dreamed of opening an Etsy, I am just not sure what I would sell... maybe one day I will have a solid inventory #lifegoals.
10. Last (but never least), I love Jesus! I think it is important to follow your heart with your spirituality and to live the life your faith tells you to live. For me, that means showing ALL people love and being kind ALWAYS. I am happy that when I fall short, I am saved by Grace <3
Thanks so much for reading about me, I am so excited to meet you! Make sure to pop over and say hello or leave a comment here!